- Obsolete Date 31-01-2025
- End of support date 31-01-2029
- Upgradability 16 ports can be upgraded to 32 ports with a license
- Port speed 100 Gbps maximum
- Ports 16 ports
- Protocol supported Ethernet
- Encryption capability No
- Aggregate switch bandwidth 6.4 Tbps
- Software (optional) ONYX and ONIE
- Form factor 1U
- Media types QSFP28
- Model availability 32 ports active switch 16 ports active switch (need license to upgrade 16 additional ports),ONIE SKUs, SKU options with AC & DC power
- Warranty 3-year parts, 3-year labor, 3-year onsite support coverage. For more warranty information visit http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/wc/public/home.
- Availability features Additional ports with upgrade license; Hot-swappable power-supplies; Hot-swappable fan trays
HPE M-series SN2700M Ethernet switches are ideal for modern server and storage networks. Supporting 10, 25, 40, 50, and 100 GbE, it delivers predictable performance and zero packet loss at line-rate across all ports and packet sizes. Enhanced for storage combined with efficient design, it provides enterprise-level performance with attractive economics and outstanding return on investment. Networks built on the HPE SN2700M are fast, reliable, and scalable while also being affordable and easy to manage. They support primary and secondary storage, providing consistently fair, fast, low-latency connectivity even under heavy workloads or a mix of different port speeds. This makes them ideal for storage, hyper converged, financial services, and media and entertainment deployments.
In the aggregation layer of fabrics, load balancing and scalability are essential. HPE M-series SN2700M provides superior equal-cost multi-path (ECMP) flexibility and efficiency to deliver balanced workloads.
Flexible management and monitoring options from CLI, GUI, and tool sets provide world-class ease-of-use, configuration, and monitoring of your fabric.
Provides enough internal bandwidth that there is sufficient capacity to carry ports at 100 Gbps bandwidths concurrently. This allows HPE SN2700M to avoid head-of-line blocking which can reduce a switch's overall performance and guarantees.
Unleash Storage Performance and Improve Flash Return on Investment
HPE M-series SN2700M switch provides ultra-low latency of under 300ns port-to-port. This is advantageous for flash storage, which moved latency from storage access to the network, as well as for the burst nature of today’s software-defined and cloud data centers traffic.
Designed for Superior Performance, Scale, and Future Growth
HPE M-series SN2700M Ethernet switches deliver predictable and consistent throughput regardless of the packet size being transferred, the mixture of ports which are sending data and even within mixed speed environments.
Provide wire-rate performance with zero packet loss across frame sizes, avoiding any negative impact on applications that could occur with frame loss as unexpected packet loss is unacceptable in modern data centers, especially within a storage network.
Capable of forwarding 100% capacity wire rate performance with zero packet loss across 32-ports concurrently at 100 GbE speeds while transferring data across both Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks.
Can be deployed today to support 10 GbE ports (via breakout cables) and is designed to be able to evolve over time to support 25, 50, and 100 GbE speeds. This helps future proof your network architecture and allows implementing significant speed changes to the architecture over time.
Enhanced for Demanding Enterprise Data Centers and Storage Environments
HPE M-series SN2700M switch allows flexible port speed configurations from 64-ports at 10, 25, and 50 GbE using breakout cables to 32-ports at 40 or 100 GbE allowing flexibility, efficiency, simplifying scale-out of aggregation switching layers, and reducing total cost of ownership (TCO).
Extremely flexible and performance-rich lossless fabric capabilities make HPE SN2700M ideal for mission critical storage applications.
Redefine HPE Storage Networking
A wide range of storage area network products and solutions that meet any customer requirements for performance, cost, scalability, manageability and investment protection.
- HPE BladeSystem c-Class 10Gb SFP+ SR Transceiver
- HPE BladeSystem c-Class 40Gb QSFP+ MPO SR4 100m Transceiver
- HPE BladeSystem c-Class 40G QSFP+ to QSFP+ 3m Direct Attach Copper Cable
- HPE BladeSystem c-Class 40G QSFP+ to QSFP+ 5m Direct Attach Copper Cable
- HPE BladeSystem c-Class 40G QSFP+ to QSFP+ 15m Active Optical Cable
- HPE BladeSystem c-Class 40G QSFP+ to 4x10G SFP+ 3m Direct Attach Copper Splitter Cable
- HPE BladeSystem c-Class QSFP+ to 4x10G SFP+ 15m Active Optical Cable
- HPE 10GBase-T SFP+ Transceiver
- HPE 40Gb QSFP+ Bidirectional Transceiver
- HPE 25Gb SFP28 SR 100m Transceiver
- HPE 100Gb QSFP28 to QSFP28 3m Direct Attach Copper Cable
- HPE 100Gb QSFP28 to QSFP28 5m Direct Attach Copper Cable
- HPE 100Gb QSFP28 to QSFP28 7m Active Optical Cable
- HPE 100Gb QSFP28 to QSFP28 15m Active Optical Cable
- HPE 100Gb QSFP28 to 4x25Gb SFP28 3m Direct Attach Copper Cable
- HPE X120 1G SFP RJ45 T Transceiver
- HPE X130 10G SFP+ LC SR Transceiver
- HPE X130 10G SFP+ LC LR Transceiver
- HPE X120 1G SFP LC SX Transceiver
- HPE X120 1G SFP LC LX Transceiver
- HPE X140 40G QSFP+ MPO SR4 XCVR
- Cablu DAC HP X241 40G QSFP QSFP 1m
- HPE FlexNetwork X240 40G QSFP+ QSFP+ 3m Direct Attach Copper Cable
- HPE X240 40G QSFP+ QSFP+ 5m DAC Cable
- HPE X240 QSFP+ 4x10G SFP+ 1m DAC Cable
- HPE FlexNetwork X240 40G QSFP+ to 4x10G SFP+ 3m Direct Attach Copper Splitter Cable
- HPE X240 QSFP+ 4x10G SFP+ 5m DAC Cable
- HPE X140 40G QSFP+ LC LR4 SM 10km 1310nm Transceiver
- HPE X140 40G QSFP+ CSR4 300m XCVR
- HPE X242 40G QSFP+ TO QSFP+ 1M DAC CABLE
- HPE X150 100G QSFP28 CWDM4 2km SM XCVR
- HPE X140 40G QSFP+ LC BiDi 100m MM XCVR
- HPE X150 100G QSFP28 LC LR4 10km SM XCVR
- HPE X240 QSFP28 4xSFP28 1m DAC Cable
- HPE X240 QSFP28 4xSFP28 3m DAC Cable
- HPE X140 40G QSFP+ LC LR4L 2km SM XCVR
- West London College basis future growth on HPE technology
- HPE SN2700M Switch
- HPE StoreFabric M-series with RoCE—the most flexible and efficient high-performance network transport technical white paper
- Flash Storage Technologies Expert Guide: NAND, NVMe-oF, & SSD
- HPE CloudPhysics Security – Frequently asked questions
- HPE CloudPhysics Dependency Mapping – Frequently asked questions
- HPE Factory Express Product Customization Services data sheet
- Healthcare and life sciences at HPE DISCOVER 2022
- Transform your Operations with HPE Hybrid Cloud with VMware Cloud foundation solution brief
- Create intelligent storage operations with HPE and VMware secure workloads and data solutions solution brief
- Advance your Hybrid Cloud journey with integrated HPE vSAN Readynodes solution brief