- Obsolete Date 31-10-2022
- End of support date 31-10-2027
- Certifications FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Implementation Under Test with expected validation in 2018
- Additional features HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license) HPE Smart Array SR SmartCache (optional license)
- Cache 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache
- Warranty The warranty for this device is 3-years parts only.
- Transfer rate 12 Gb/s SAS per lane 6 Gb/s SATA per lane PCI Express 3.0 x8 lane width
- Form factor Mezzanine controller
- Servers supported HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen10 Server Blade
- Supported disk enclosure HPE MSA 1040 SAN Storage HPE MSA 1050 SAN Storage HPE MSA 2040 SAN Storage HPE MSA 2050 SAN Storage
- RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, 1 ADM, 10 ADM
- Ports External: 8 SAS lanes
Are you looking for an enterprise-level controller to maximize performance and storage capacity and to connect to externally attached drives? The HPE Smart Array P408e-m SR Gen10 Controller, supporting 12 Gb/s SAS and PCIe 3.0, provides enterprise-class storage performance, reliability, security and efficiency needed to address your evolving data storage needs. It has eight external SAS lanes, allowing connection to externally attached SAS or SATA drives. This controller supports Mixed Mode operations of RAID and HBA simultaneously, and offers encryption for data-at rest on any drive. The HPE Smart Array Gen10 controllers are supported by the HPE Smart Storage Battery, which supports multiple devices and is sold separately.
Rapidly configure simple RAID volumes on servers with the UEFI storage configuration tool, which also facilitates scripting support to configure an array via iLO through RESTful interface.
The HPE Smart Array P408e-m SR Gen10 Controller has increased flexibility with Mixed Mode which operates in RAID and HBA simultaneously.
Improved Efficiency and Storage Management
Long-term data retention with 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache for improved data reliability.
Preserve data integrity with HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge, which alerts you to potential drive issues before a drive fails.
Complies with regulations for sensitive data, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption—IUT with expected FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validation complete in 2018.
The HPE Smart Array P408e-m SR Gen10 Controller protects data-at-rest on any drive attached to the controller with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license).
Built-in Reliability and Security
Increased Performance for Faster Data Insights
The HPE Smart Array P408e-m SR Gen10 Controller increases performance with 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache and reduces latency in write-intensive applications that require heavy logging such as databases.
Enhances performance in storage environments where data is read repeatedly from a large number of SSDs by using HPE SSD Smart Path to create a faster I/O path between the controller and SSD.
Accelerate access to data by up to 4X in HDD environments by caching hot data onto SSDs with HPE Smart Array SR SmartCache (optional license).
- HPE 12W Smart Storage Lithium-ion Battery
- HPE 96W Smart Storage Lithium-ion Battery with 145mm Cable Kit
- HPE 96W Smart Storage Lithium-ion Battery with 260mm Cable Kit
- HPE Smart Storage Hybrid Capacitor with 145mm Cable Kit
- HPE Smart Storage Hybrid Capacitor with 260mm Cable Kit